On Friday, May 9, we challenged Terps to “Tag the Testudos” as part of the Make Moves Maryland campaign. With a partner, participants navigated from one Testudo to another, using only trivia clues issued at each Testudo, until they have “tagged” the noses of all 5 campus Testudos.
It was an “Amazing Race” to stock up on luck before exams while fitting some healthy physical activity into a Friday afternoon.
See if you can figure out where the following Testudos are located on campus using these clues: (answers at end of blog post)
- My nose has been drilled, and last semester I was set ablaze. I hope during these finals, I see better days.
- The 2002 tournament is the greatest memory I carry. Thinking about it helps me feel better when I’m missing Gary.
- Kermit sits outside my door, right next to Jim. After a meal at Adele’s, you should snap a picture with him.
- After graduating, come back to me and say “Hi!” I’m the official ambassador for Terp Alumni.
- I love football and all the cheering fans I’ve heard. Don’t confuse me for my brother, I live outside of Byrd.
Everyone who participated scored a #MakeMovesUMD t-shirt and the teams who completed the challenge were entered to win some great Maryland pride prizes.
Congrats to our winning teams:
- Daniel Schofield and Robert Kramer
- Brooke Lubinski and David Park
- Amy Oliver and Esther Kwara
- Andrew Conchas and Kevin Cheung
- Adam Wedekind and Aidan Sharma
Answers to the Testudo clues above:
- McKeldin library
- Comcast Center
- The Adele H. Stamp Student Union
- The Samuel Riggs IV Alumni Center
- Gossett Football Team House
Follow the Campus Recreation Services Facebook page and stay tuned for more fun events like Tag the Testudos.